- LUPUS EUROPE CHAIR - KIRSTEN LERSTRØM
How excellent it was getting everyone along!
At the convention in Paris, I was very proud to present the team of Trustees that had accomplished what was planned the year before.
A new Board of Trustees emerged from the elections at Council in November 2012, where 4 Trustees were elected for office – Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Change of chairs and positions plus new people to the organization made it important to focus on teambuilding to shake the new team together and prepare for the important tasks ahead.
The new Board was formed on the agenda to focus on these main tasks the coming year:
2. Definition of Strategic Plan for 2013-2017
3. Establishing a secretariat function
4. Participation in the International Congress for Lupus (a triennial meeting) and the annual EULAR Congress
As well as carry through the projects agreed by council:
• The national and international competition “Unmasking Lupus” with the announcement of the European winner to be celebrated at Convention 2013 in Paris
• Development and preparation for launch of a new app My Lupus (needed to be reassessed due to lack of research foundation) and
• Anchoring the results from previous years under the theme “Living with Lupus” (LEO), where the research study results was published by well-esteemed journal with peer-review. During the year it became important to also be involved in the planning and execution of the annual Convention, involved in a way like in the early years and where we will be in the coming years. Besides these important steps, we have had five people trained as EULAR Patient Partners in Research and have participated actively with patient representation in definition of Treat To Target for SLE by an international task force in lupus.
The year has been busy and all Trustees have put in immense effort to bring these results.